What is your personal data?
The term “data” has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act (1988). In broad terms, it is any data that can be used to personally identify you. Some examples may include your names, address, home and mobile telephone numbers, email address and profession and/or occupation. If the data we collect personally identifies you or has the potential to do so, it is personal information/data.
What types of personal information/data does Little Fish Real Estate collect and hold?
We may collect personal details about you. This may include your name, home or mailing address, email addresses, telephone number, age or date of birth, profession, occupation or role title, other identification details and any external information relating to you that you share with us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our online digital presences. We may also collect this data, through our sales representatives or via other channels.
We may also collect some information that is not considered personal data because it cannot identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous responses to surveys or other aggregated information about how users use our website, such as bounce rates or how people navigate our website.
How does Little Fish Real Estate obtain your personal information?
We obtain your personal data directly from you unless it is not practical or reasonable to do so. When collecting this data from you, we may collect it in ways including:
- through your access and usage of our website
- over the phone, or via SMS message or email
- during interactions between you and our staff
- by contracting, or working for us
- by entering competitions, giveaways, other promotions or requesting any information or services from us
- providing feedback, doing surveys or otherwise engaging with us via the website
We may also collect personal information from some other companies and/or third parties including:
- agencies such as credit rating agencies or financial institutions
- your representatives, such as lawyers/solicitors and other professionals
- your employer/s
- publicly available sources of personal data, or any other organisations/businesses where you have given your consent for this data to be collected
Information About Cookies
When you access the Little Fish Real Estate website, we may send a “cookie” to your device. This is a small file containing a unique ID number. This enables us to recognise your device. It also allows us to keep track of your activity on our website. We also use these cookies to measure website use patterns and other metrics. We then use this to look into our users’ habits so that we can improve our online presence. Our cookies do not collect personal data. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your internet browser to not allow them. We may also log IP addresses to research further usage data.
What if Little Fish Real Estate Cannot Collect Personal Data?
If you do not provide us with the personal information/data as described above, the following may occur:
- we may not be able to provide our services to you
- we may not be able to provide you with relevant information about our services
Why Does Little Fish Real Estate Collect, Store, Use and Disclose Your Personal Data?
We collect personal data about you so that we can achieve our business objectives and functions, and to provide our incredible levels of quality customer service.
We collect, store, use and disclose your personal data for the following reasons:
- provide our services to you and to send communications that you may request;
- answer enquiries and provide advice or information about our services;
- assess our website and to improve it;
- for marketing purposes;
- provide your updated personal data to relevant stakeholders;
- update our records and to keep your details current;
- investigate and reply to any complaint made by you; and
- comply with all relevant federal and state legislation.
Your personal data will not be sold, shared, disclosed or used except in the terms outlined in this policy.
To Whom May Little Fish Marketing Projects Share Your Personal Data?
We may share your personal data with:
- our staff, related corporate entities, contractors, and web hosting providers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business. Other companies such as couriers, postal services, and other relevant services.
- suppliers and other third parties that we have a business relationship with and;
- any organisation for any purpose that you consent to.
We may send you direct marketing materials and information about our products and services that we believe you may find useful. These communications may be sent in various forms. These include, but are not limited to: SMS and email. We will send these communications in accordance with applicable marketing legislation, like the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a particular method of communication, we will attempt to use that means, whenever practically achievable. In addition, at any time you may choose to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us or using opt-out options in the email or SMS marketing message.
How Can You Access and/or Request Your Personal Data?
You may request access to any personal data we store by contacting Little Fish Real Estate (see our relevant details below). Where we store data that you are entitled to access, we will give you a suitable means of accessing it, such as via post or email. This may incur a small fee to cover our administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you and, if so, the fees will be disclosed in advance.
In some cases, we may be unable to share this data with you. For instance, we may need to refuse access if granting access would breach the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you clear reasons for this.
If you think that your personal data we store is incorrect or wrong, then you may request the company to amend it. We will then consider this and provide an outcome either way.
How Can You Complain About a Privacy Breach?
If you believe that we have breached your privacy, please contact us using the form on our website, and provide details of the incident so that we can look into it.
Will We Share Your Data with Anyone Outside Australia?
We may share your data with overseas businesses, but these would be limited to IT companies that may provide web hosting or cloud storage solutions.
As our website is hosted online, there is always the risk of a security breach and a subsequent data breach. While we will do everything possible to avoid this, there is still a small chance this may occur.
Our website may contain links to other websites run by third parties or other companies. We make no warranty in relation to the privacy practices of any of these external parties or operators. These entities are responsible for their own privacy policies.
If you have any questions about this content or any concerns, please get in touch.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at info[at]littlefishhre.com.au or via our web contact form.
Changes to This Policy
Check out our Terms of Service.